The Journey...

I started this blog in 2010 under the title "The Fat to Fit Chronicles" to document the training for and completion of my very first half-marathon. My decision to train was the first step on my journey from fat to fit. In my former life I was 319 lbs, depressed, and living a "less than" life.

Over the course of training I discovered a passion for fitness and helping others. So this blog has morphed into something more than just my musings and venting. My hope is that when you leave this blog you have learned something or picked up something valuable to aide you along your own journey.

So mount up, Posse, and let's go from Fat to Fit!!



Thursday, November 21, 2013

Love on Purpose

During my run this evening I didn't really think about pacing, or hydrating, or splits. This evening I was thinking about love. My heart was full and my mind was occupied with how to express the love I felt at that moment for those whom I love. I was able to run this evening because someone loved me enough to take care of my children--picked them up from after care, kept them occupied, fed them. Parents out there know that this is golden!

As I drafted my thank you letter in my head, I remembered other instances of love in action and at that moment as I meandered through the Vanderbilt campus on a balmy fall evening, I felt at peace. And the spirit whispered to me, "that is your purpose." Ah, to love.

When we think about our specific purpose here on this earth, I think we feel an obligation to be these grand things.  Sometimes in our quest to be a person of purpose, we miss the opportunities to simply love. That's the reason we were created. Don't believe me? Go check the book of Genesis. God created us out of his want to love, to connect. And all throughout the Bible it's about Him wanting us to be with him and love him and show love to us. We complicate things and underestimate the importance of love.

Much of what I do is rooted in love, in some form. I help people because I love people--even when they don't love me. I love on little children because you never know if they're getting enough elsewhere. I workout because I genuinely love it and the results. I run because once I get into a rhythm, I love it. I blog because I hope in my heart that someone is helped or changed by something I've shared. I love seeing people strengthen their wings and fly. And I believe that because I live love, it is given back to me one hundred fold in so many different ways.

Oh, you thought this blog was about running? It is...sort of.


No comments:

Post a Comment